Wednesday 18 January 2012

Why write about this?

I decided to write this blog firstly to keep some sort of record of my experience of the devastating condition known as SSHL or sudden sensorineural hearing loss. It's certainly not as devastating as terminal illness or the death of a loved one but, for a musician like me it's up there. Have you ever wondered to yourself, if you had to choose, would you rather be blind or deaf? Or if you had to choose between losing one ear or one eye, which would it be? I now know which it would be for me... The other reason why I decided to write this down was because I have told some people what's going on, close friends and family at first and inadvertently, last night via Twitter when I posted a message publicly that was meant to be private! Don't drink and tweet kids! I know that once the word gets out there will be a number of people wanting to know how it's going. Will I be able to continue as a member of Marillion in my new mono status? Well, the answer is, I intend to give it a bloody good go.